Download Atom for Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 - A hackable text editor for the 21st century, built on Electron, and based on everything we love about our favorite editors
Atom is a hackable text editor for the 21st century, built on Electron, and based on everything we love about our favorite editors. We designed it to be deeply customizable, but still approachable using the default configuration. A text editor is at the core of a developer’s toolbox, but it doesn't usually work alone. Create new branches, stage and commit, push and pull, resolve merge conflicts, view pull requests and more—all from within your editor.
Atom - The hackable text editor
Features of Atom:
- Cross-platform editing
- Atom works across operating systems. Use it on OS X, Windows, or Linux.
- Built-in package manager
- Search for and install new packages or create your right from Atom.
- Smart autocompletion
- Atom helps you write code faster with a smart and flexible autocomplete.
- File system browser
- Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
- Multiple panes
- Split your Atom interface into multiple panes to compare and edit code across files.
- Choose from thousands of open source packages that add new features and functionality to Atom, or build a package from scratch and publish it for everyone else to use.
- Atom is pre-installed with four UI and eight syntax themes in dark and light colors. Can't find what you're looking for? Install themes created by the Atom community or create your own.