Download Audacity 3 for Windows - A open source, cross-platform audio editor and recorder that aims to process the most popular audio formats, podcasts
Audacity is an open source, cross-platform audio editor and recorder that aims to process the most popular audio formats, podcasts included. Audacity is available on aiiguide.com will not disappoint if you need a piece of software that can record live, convert tapes or cut and mix sounds. The installation process runs quite fast and does not pose any kind of problems, while the interface is pleasant and clean. It encompasses a menu bar, several buttons and a pane in which to view the waveform of any uploaded item.
The installation process runs quite fast and does not pose any kind of problems, while the interface is pleasant a It might take a while to get used to it, especially if you have never worked with a similar kind of product before. Nevertheless, some comprehensive Help contents are provided, which will aid you in getting around Audacity.
Audacity can record multiple channels simultaneously at high sample rates from microphones, USB or Firewire devices. Simple sound editing operations can be performed via cut, copy, paste and delete features, while mixing can be achieved from multiple clips, while the “Draw” function allows altering individual sample points.
All in all, Audacity impresses through its plethora of features combined with ease of use and accessibility. The processing speed is decent, to say the least and the results are of superior audio quality.
Features of Audacity 3
- Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from other media.
- Import, edit, and combine sound files. Export your recordings in many different file formats, including multiple files at once.
- Supports 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit. Sample rates and formats are converted using high-quality resampling and dithering.
- Support for LADSPA, LV2, Nyquist, VST and Audio Unit effect plug-ins. Nyquist effects can be easily modified in a text editor – or you can even write your own plug-in.
- Easy editing with Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete. Also unlimited sequential Undo (and Redo) in the session to go back any number of steps.
- Real-time preview of LADSPA, LV2, VST and Audio Unit (macOS) effects. Plug-in Manager handles plug-in installation and addition/removal of effects and generators from the menus.
- Tracks and selections can be fully manipulated using the keyboard. Large range of keyboard shortcuts.
- Spectrogram view mode for visualizing and selecting frequencies. Plot Spectrum window for detailed frequency analysis.
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Free Hard Disk Space: 100 MB or more.