Download ExifTool 12 for Windows Windows, MacOS - A free command-line application for reading, writing, and editing meta information in a wide variety of files
ExifTool implements its own open metadata format. It is designed to encapsulate metainformation from many sources, in binary or textual form, and bundle it together with any type of file. It can either be a single file, wrapping existing data, or used as a sidecar file, carrying for example Exif or XMP metadata.
Perl library and command-line application for reading, writing and editing meta information (EXIF, IPTC, XMP, and more) in a wide variety of file formats (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PDF, RAW, and more).
Features of ExifTool:
- Reads/writes metadata in a wide variety of files
- Supports many different types of metadata including EXIF, IPTC and XMP
- Includes command-line application plus Perl libraries
- Geotags images from GPS track logs
- Shifts date/time values to fix timestamps in images
- Copies metadata from one file to another
- Processes entire directory trees
- Renames/organizes images based on metadata
- Distribution packages provided for Unix, Windows and Mac.
Websites and services that use ExifTool include:
- Flickr (to parse the metadata from uploaded images)
- ExifMeta.com (online metadata viewer)