Download Fixdows for Windows - A utility designed to help you correct some of the most common problems you are likely to encounter with Windows
Fixdows is a simple and straightforward utility designed to help you correct some of the most common problems you are likely to encounter with Windows. The app is available in both a portable and setup version, so select the first one if you do not like installing extra programs on your system. The app comes with a simple and user-friendly interface that contains several tabs, each addressing a category of common issues.
As the name suggests, the Reset Windows Update tab has the role of checking for problems that may be preventing you from correctly installing the new updates for Windows. Simply put, it resets the update components, removes associated group policies and restarts the services. The app can also help you fix common problems with Microsoft Store, such as not being able to add new apps or receive updates, for example, using WSReset.
If you notice performance issues, stuttering and weird app behavior, then you can consider using the Integrity Checks & Fixes to determine if the OS has all the files it needs or if any are corrupt so you can address this. Lastly, the app employs the Windows' native app to help you clean storage space of junk that takes up space on your drives.
All in all, Fixdows is an intuitive application that enables you to perform quick checks on your operating system, identify potential issues and address them accordingly. The tool is straightforward and is suitable for less tech-savvy users as well.
Features of Fixdows
- Can fix Windows updates and problems with Microsoft Store
- The app can also help you fix common problems with Microsoft Store, such as not being able to add new apps or receive updates, for example, using WSReset.
- Helps you free up space and checks for file integrity.
- Fix Windows Update issues
- Fix System Integrity
- Clean up your drive(s).
How to build
- Install VS 2019. Make sure you have .NET Development selected in the installer.
- From there, just clone the repo from here, and then build it in Visual Studio, just press Build Fixdows in the Build section of the window titlebar and you are good to go. It will be located in bin/Debug in your Fixdows source code folder.