Download Flashtool 0 for Windows 8, 10, 11 - Flashing or rooting the devices in order to gain full control over its features works for all Sony phones from X10 to Xperia Z Ultra
Flashtool is a S1 flashing software that works for all Sony phones from X10 to Xperia Z Ultra. They all use the S1 protocol for flashing firmwares. Flashtool (Sony Mobile Flasher) is a handy software application that can be used by owners of Xperia smartphones for flashing or rooting the devices in order to gain full control over its features. In addition to this, the program also provides the option of installing custom ROMs, rebranding the phone and customizing the device to a high degree.
Prior to using the software, keep in mind that operations such as flashing and rooting might brick a device, as well as void its warranty. Software like Sony Mobile Flasher should be used with great care and a backup of the data located on the device is mandatory for disaster scenarios.
Flashtool can also easily unlock the bootloader of the phone using the BLU icon as far as the bootloader of your phone is unlockable. The flashing feature as well as bootloader unlock feature are available whatever the phone is recognized or not by the application. What is only mandatory for flashing is to own the FTF file according to the device you want to flash it on.
Why should I use Flashtool:
- Once bootloader unlocked, official sony tools do not work anymore.
- Using official sony tools, you can only upgrade. No downgrade possible.
- Using flashtool, you can choose what to flash and what not to flash. This said, many rooting scenarios are available implying kernel only downgrade to retrieve a patched rooting exploit and then flash back the right kernel.
Features of Flashtool:
- Root your phone
- Install recovery, busybox, custom kernels
- Clean your rom (remove /system/apps apps of your choice) (Be careful, unless you really know what you do, do not modify the default list. This can make your phone stuck at the SE Logo)
- Clear dalvik cache
- Optimize (install of JIT v2) (plugin for 2.1 phones only from 2010 line)
- Customize (installs apps found in the custom/apps folder of the flashtool)
- Edit any text file on the device
- Rebrand your device.
To install the Flashtool, follow the steps below:
- Get the latest windows package from the download page
- Double click on the installer and follow instructions
When installing over an already installed version, it will be upgraded.
The following folder will not be touched by the installer :
- firwmares folder and all its subcontent
- custom/mydevices folder and all its subcontent