Download Rufus 3 for Windows - USB formatting utility which also can create a bootable USB drive using a bootable ISO image
Rufus is a USB formatting utility which also can create a bootable USB drive using a bootable ISO image. This app requires admin rights. Rufus is a small utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
Features of Rufus
- Format USB, flash card and virtual drives to FAT/FAT32/NTFS/UDF/exFAT/ReFS/ext2/ext3
- Create DOS bootable USB drives, using FreeDOS or MS-DOS (Windows 8.1 or earlier)
- Create BIOS or UEFI bootable drives, including UEFI bootable NTFS
- Create bootable drives from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Create bootable drives from bootable disk images, including compressed ones
- Create Windows To Go drives
- Create persistent Linux partitions
- Download official Microsoft Windows 8 or Windows 10 retail ISOs
- Compute MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256 checksums of the selected image
- Twice as fast as Microsoft's USB/DVD tool or UNetbootin, on ISO → USB creation (1)
- Perform bad blocks checks, including detection of "fake" flash drives
- Modern and familiar UI, with 38 languages natively supported
- Small footprint. No installation required.
- 100% Free Software (GPL v3).
It can be be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- you need to work on a system that doesn´t have an OS installed
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you want to run a low-level utility.
- Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Lietuvių, Magyar, Netherlands, Polski, Русский, Română, Slovenščina, Türkçe, 正體中文, 한국
- Supported OS: Windows XP/7/8/10
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more.