Download Skype 8 - A user friendly video and text messaging software, that allows you to make free Internet phone and HD video calls
Overview of Skype 8 - Make Internet Phone Calls:
Skype is a user friendly video and text messaging software, that allows you to make free Internet phone and HD video calls to any Skype user, anywhere in the world. The sound quality is as good or even better than regular phones, and requires no additional equipment, besides a normal PC microphone or headset. The Skype interface is similar to popular instant messenger clients and allows you to create a profile, with optional picture, that will be displayed when you call other Skype users or receive incoming call.
Skype is very easy to use, and works with firewalls and NAT without any additional configuration changes. Basically, all you have to do is download, select a Skype username and you are ready to make or receive calls.
Features of Skype:
- Free unlimited worldwide phone calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world
- Skype video (webcam), see who you are talking to with free video calls
- Chat with up to 100 people in group chats
- Superior sound quality – better than your regular phone
- Your calls are encrypted “end-to-end” for superior privacy
- Friends list shows you when your friends are online and ready to talk or chat
- Works with all firewall, NAT and routers – nothing to configure!
- Super-simple and easy to use
- Based on cutting edge peer-to-peer technology developed by the creators of Kazaa and Joltid
Other Important Features:
- SkypeOut. You can call a real phone number from Skype. This is not free like Skype to Skype calls but is cheaper than what the call would normally cost.
- SkypeIn. For people to be able to call your Skype account from a phone, you need a SkypeIn number to give to them. Receiving calls from phones doesn’t cost you anything but will charge the caller the same rate as if they were calling a real phone.
- Video calls. You can make video calls for free. This enables you to see the person you are talking to and for them to see you too.
- Conference calls. You and 24 other people can engage in a conference call. This makes having group discussions with staff that are located in various parts of the world much easier.
- File Sharing. You can easily send files to any of your Skype contacts. There are no size limits for the file, which is a benefit over email restrictions. For security reasons, before the file transfer can begin, the recipient has to approve the transfer, thus the person has to be online for the file transfer to take place.
- Instant messaging. In addition to talking with your contacts, you can type messages to them while you are having a voice conversation or if you cannot talk to them at a particular moment.
- Text messaging. You can to send text messages to any cell phone in the world. The rates vary but are generally cheaper than what a text message usually costs.
- Voicemail. If you want people to be able to leave you voice messages while you are on another call or offline.
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more