Download Stellarium 23 for Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 - A comprehensive utility that helps users explore planets and constellations in a 3D environment
Stellarium is a comprehensive utility that helps users explore planets and constellations in a 3D environment. Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.
Features of Stellarium:
- Over 120000 stars from the Hipparcos Catalogue with name and infos for the brightest ones.
- Planets and major satellites in real time (position computation now accurate enough for eclipse or transit simulation).
- Drawing of the 88 constellations with their names.
- Mythological figures of the 88 constellations.
- Textured displaying of more than 70 nebulas (Orion, M31 etc..).
- Photo-realistic Milky Way.
- Star twinkling.
- Shooting Stars.
- Skinable landscape (ground, fog, mapping of fisheye pictures).
- Ultra fast realistic atmosphere rendering (Sunsets, sunrises etc...).
- Automatic eye adaptation to sky luminance using physiologic model.
- Grids in Equatorial and Azimuthal coordinates.
- Equator and ecliptic coordinates lines.
- Smooth real time intuitive navigation.
- Powerfull zoom to see planet and nebula like in a telescope.
- Equatorial and altazimutal mount mode.
- Standard perspective and wide angle (fisheye) projections modes (e.g for planetarium dome).
- Time control (real time and accelered time modes).
- Graphical menu for simple utilisation.
- Clikable stars, planets and nebulas with informations.
- Windowed and fullscreen modes.
- Full dome (180?) projection mode for planetariums.
- Text user interface for planetariums.
The major changes of this version:
- Better handling of minor bodies with outdated orbital elements
- "Goto next day at same altitude" functionality for selected objects
- Mark a few special points on the planets
- Three refined Arab skycultures
- Updated Mul-Apin skyculture with new artwork
- Improved OnlineQueries and Satellites plugin
- Fixed a problem with LX200 telescopes
- Many fixes in core and plugins