Download SystemRescueCd 9 for Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 - A Linux system rescue toolkit available as a bootable medium for administrating or repairing your system and data after a crash
SystemRescue (also known as SystemRescueCd) is a Linux system rescue toolkit available as a bootable medium for administrating or repairing your system and data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the hard disk partitions. It comes with a lot of Linux system utilities such as GParted, fsarchiver, filesystem tools and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools).
It can be used for both Linux and windows computers, and on desktops as well as servers. This rescue system requires no installation as it can be booted from a CD/DVD drive or USB stick, but it can be installed on the hard disk if you wish. The kernel supports all important file systems (ext4, xfs, btrfs, vfat, ntfs), as well as network filesystems such as Samba and NFS.
System tools included:
- GNU Parted: creates, resizes, moves, copies partitions, and filesystems (and more).
- GParted: GUI implementation using the GNU Parted library.
- FSArchiver: flexible archiver that can be used as both system and data recovery software
- ddrescue: Attempts to make a copy of a block device that has hardware errors, optionally filling corresponding bad spots in input with user defined pattern in the copy.
- File systems tools (for Linux and Windows filesystems): format, resize, and debug an existing partition of a hard disk
- Ntfs3g: enables read/write access to MS Windows NTFS partitions.
- Test-disk: tool to check and undelete partition, supports reiserfs, ntfs, fat32, ext3/ext4 and many others
- Memtest: to test the memory of your computer (first thing to test when you have a crash or unexpected problems)
- Rsync: very-efficient and reliable program that can be used for remote backups.
- Network tools (Samba, NFS, ping, nslookup, …): to backup your data across the network.
Key features of SystemRescueCd:
- Fully operable and independent operating system based on Linux, which can run from a bootable CD or DVD drive, even if the main computer's operating system will not boot.
- Supports the following file systems: EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, Reiserfs, Reiser4, BTRFS, XFS, JFS, VFAT, NTFS, ISO9660.
- Support for network file systems: Samba and NFS.
- Create, edit, copy, restore hard drive partitions.
- Backup your data.
- The presence of a number of system utilities (Parted, Partimage, Fstools and other utilities).
- Availability of Midnight Commander file manager allows files and directories on different actions (copy, delete, move, rename, etc.).
- Ability to specify additional kernel options at boot time.
- Caching allows the boot image to continue to work with the LiveCD after removing the carrier, thus making it possible to record discs in the same CD \ DVD drive, which is used to boot.
- Create the user's own boot disk option.
- Work with the hard drive (Gparted, Partimage, sfdisk, FSArchiver, ntfs-3g, testdisk).
- Work with the network (ssh-, dhcp-, tftp-, vnc-server, rsync, nfs-, samba-, ftp-clients).