Download USBDeview 3 for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 - A small utility that lists all USB devices that are currently connected to your PC or have been connected to it in the past
USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that are currently connected to your PC or have been connected to it in the past. Along with the device name and description, it displays the the serial number (if available), date the device was added and last connected, VendorID and other information.
You can also choose to disconnect or uninstall any device on the list, export the list to Text/HTML or XML format, test the read/write speed of connected devices, auto-launch a command-line when a device is connected, and more. USBDeview can also be used to gather USB devices from a remote computer (access rights required) via command-line. Standalone, no install needed.
Features of USBDeview:
- As there is no setup pack included, you can save the program files to any part of the hard disk and just click the executable to run, as well as save USBDeview to a USB flash disk or similar storage unit, in order to launch it on any PC effortlessly and without previous activity. An important aspect worth taking into account is that the Windows registry and Start menu do not get updated with new keys.
Simple interface with clear-cut options
- The GUI is classical, represented by a normal window with a neatly organized layout, where all USB devices are shown in a list at startup. Their information includes device type, description, serial number, drive letter, date of creation and last plug-in, and so on. Reports can be generated from all data or just selected entries, and saved to HTML, TXT, CSV and XML format.
Perform several USB device operations
- It is possible to disable and uninstall pen drives, change the assigned drive letter, activate their autoplay feature, use a search function when dealing with large amounts of data, reload the USB hub, run speed tests in terms of reading and writing performance, and so on.
Evaluation and conclusion
- We have not come across any problems in our tests, since USBDeview did not hang, crash or pop up error messages. It shows accurate information, has a great response time and uses low CPU and memory. Thanks to its versatile range of features, USBDeview should please most users when it comes to discovering the capabilities of their USB drives in a simple manner.
- Updated to work properly in high DPI mode.
- Added option to change the sorting column from the menu (View -> Sort By). Like the column header click sorting, if you click again the same sorting menu item, it'll switch between ascending and descending order. Also, if you hold down the shift key while choosing the sort menu item, you'll get a secondary sorting.